Rainbow Egypt is an Egyptian grassroots LGBTQI organization, founded in February 2012. Rainbow Egypt focuses on reaching out to all the LGBT community from different backgrounds, cities, regions, genders and sexual orientations. We encourage our community members to speak their minds and express their feelings and thoughts openly as we try to create an environment where we can be empowered and feel safe. We try to promote respect among us and towards us and help create a positive LGBT community forum through promoting active participation and sense of belonging.
Our vision is creating a strong connected empowered LGBTQI community in Egypt able to demand their rights and to face their challenging environment.
Our mission is to build platforms for communication between all members of the LGBTQI community where they can express themselves with their real identities without fear, learn, inform and reach out to others around them in safe spaces and/or safely.
- Creating a platform, where community members can exchange and share information, be inclusive, express themselves and their issues to a supportive understanding community.
- Raising awareness regarding the violations against the LGBT community in Egypt and documenting it and also warning against campaigns to deter new arrests.
- Promoting online security and personal safety.
- Discussing topics regarding SRHR and mental health and wellbeing.
- Providing socio-economic support for community members in need and/ or in danger.